Top 10 facts about the NPAC transition
10. Registration for the iconectiv NPAC is underway.
Registration has begun for all NPAC user groups and more than half have already started registration. Please visit www.numberportability.com and click “Get Started” to register if you have not already done so.
9. Registration is mandatory.
All current NPAC users who would like to continue to access NPAC data and services must register with iconectiv. Users should register as soon as possible.
8. Each user group has a separate timeline for onboarding.
iconectiv encourages all NPAC users to begin the onboarding process as early as possible for their user group.
7. Industry Testing began in May and continues through mid-February 2018.
NPAC users must complete registration to participate in testing. Further information on testing can be found at https://numberportability.com/resources/videos/.
6. Industry Testing is mandatory for NPAC users with a mechanized interface.
Scheduling is underway and once your local system is certified with the iconectiv NPAC, you will be able to participate in testing.
5. Testing is optional for users with a non-mechanized interface.
Optional testing for all users will be conducted in the second half of 2017 after required testing is complete. This includes testing for users of the LTI GUI or Help Desk, users of the Wireless Do Not Call (WDNC) service, users of the Enhanced Law Enforcement Platform (ELEP), and those who use NPAC reports or Bulk Data Downloads.
4. Training will be available for users of the LTI GUI.
Online training will be provided and iconectiv’s next industry webcast will focus on registration, training and testing for the iconectiv Low Tech Interface (LTI) GUI.
3. Registration, training, and testing are free.
Production-related fees will only be collected after the transition is complete.
2. The NPAC will go live on May 25, 2018.
This is the targeted final acceptance date for all NPAC users in all seven U.S. number portability regions.
1. Help is available.
The iconectiv help desk is available Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 8:00pm ET at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-820-8039.